The number of viewings of this thread have been nothing short of astonishing in such a short period of time. It all started with me seeking to uncover what were the serial numbers allocated to MH 81/82 tractors that were placed with the Royal Canadian Air Force.
Comments and responses diversified into what were the specific characteristics of these Air Force tractors. Perhaps it is pertinent at this stage to recap what we have unearthed so far:
1. No-one has come up with a specific serial number list
2. No-one has come up with the total number supplied to the Air Force
3. It has been established that their colour could be red, green blue or yellow - the latter perhaps after the end of the war
4. They have a downswept exhaust
5. They have a short air cleaner stack
6. They may or may not have eye bolts in the front axle
7. They may have a steel bar loop under the main chassis - perhaps for strapping down to their transporter?
8. They may or may not have cast front wheel centres
9. They may or may not have cast steel rear wheel centres
10. They may or may not have a front push/pull drawbar frame
That is my summation so far. If anyone can add or correct it then please do.
In the meantime might I ask if anyone who owns one can identify any differences to the electrics (very common on military tractors) including lighting, or the rear drawbar.